Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vidalia Sweet Onion Cornbread by Lisa

I wanted a fun cornbread recipe to make for Connor's John Deere country 5th birthday party, and I found this recipe from Paula Deen. I really liked it, and it was pretty easy, so I am putting it on the blog! I didn't use the dill weed when I made it for the party b/c my sister-in-law, Kim, doesn't like dill, but I might try it the next time. It doesn't really need it.

1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)
1 Vidalia or other sweet onion
1 8 oz. pkg. cornbread muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. whole milk
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed

Melt butter and saute onion until tender, not brown. Remove from heat and add muffin mix, egg, milk, sour cream, and 1/2 cheese, salt, and dill. Stir and pour into 8x8 greased pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 450 for thirty minutes until set and toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

No comments: