Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dr. Pepper Pork Ribs by Lisa

I got this recipe from my friend Jen Barnes in a Christmas newsletter about five years ago, and it is definitely a favorite in our household!

Pork Ribs (I usually get a couple of slabs)
Dr. Pepper
Salt and Pepper
BBQ Sauce

Salt and pepper your ribs. Cut to desired size. Place in crockpot. Pour Dr. Pepper over the top. I usually just pour until they are all covered, so I'm not really sure how much I put in the pot. Cook on low for about 7-8 hours. Remove ribs from crockpot and pour out the DP. Put ribs back in with BBQ sauce for another hour.

1 comment:

Jennifer Barnes said...

So glad you like it! We've found that the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce goes really well with this recipe. We tried Rudy's sauce but it didn't seem to complement the sweetness that the cola gives the meat.