Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mexican Sheath Cake by Kim

My Grandmother always made this at Thanksgiving/Christmas, and now my mom does...and so do I! I've eaten it at the holidays for as long as I can remember.

Cake:
Sift together in large bowl:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
Bring to rapid boil and then pour over sugar/flour mixture:
1 stick oleo
4 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup Crisco
Stir above mixture well and add:
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs well beaten
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well and pour into greased 16x11 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Icing (make while cake bakes):
Bring to a boil:
1 stick Oleo, cut up
6 Tbsp milk
4 Tbsp cocoa
Remove from heat and add:
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
Beat well and spread on cake as soon as removed from oven.

No comments: