Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Perfect Baked Potato by Lisa

For so long, I could never get baked potatoes right. One day, I decided to make them for a friend, and I was determined to figure out the secret to these things. I read up on baked potatoes on the Internet, and I found it! I've always been taught to wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and bake. Apparently, this steams instead of bakes them, and the result is an entirely different texture. Away with the foil! After scrubbing your spuds (scrub good if you want to eat the yummy skin this method will produce), rub the potatoes in olive oil and roll in Kosher salt. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending on the size of your potato and the type of oven you are using. That is it! Enjoy your perfect baked potato!

No comments: